01 March, 2008

Worth 1000

Worth 1000 (from the phrase "A picture is worth 1000 words") is one of the coolest websites I have ever found. I will warn you right now that if you do not have a lot of time to spare, you shouldn't look at it.
According to the website, Worth 1000 is two things: "a daily image manipulation contest site [and now also writing illustration and photography] and it’s also a gallery of all the entries ever produced for these contests." While this is a pretty good overview, I would add to it that it is also a great place for Photoshop Tutorials. I have found some of the coolest tutorials on this site, and they are pretty easy to follow and explain how to do some really cool stuff.
The other thing about Worth 1000 is the images that are stored there. As mentioned in the overview, it is a database of all of the entries from these contests, and some of the them are absolutely amazing! Here are some interesting ones: turtle sandwich, angry scarf, stepping through the door, and mechanical frog.
I haven't so far, but at some point, I am hoping to enter some of these contests just for the sake of doing so.

No comments: